Friday, April 16, 2010

"The Meek"

"Blessed are the Meek: for they shall inherit the earth"
Mathew 5;5
I always loved this scripture from the bible, I kinda of knew what the word "Meek" meant but I decided to look it up so here's part of the meaning the part that spoke to me.Or maybe what this girl seems to be. She kinda reminds me of myself not that she looks like me but just her body language. They say when you draw,you always draw from your soul a part of yourself!
Meek-Easily imposed on,submissive.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Buffy, I do think your art comes from a deep place in you. I love how expressive and beautiful it is.

Personally, I have always had a hard time with the work "meek". It spoke "wimpiness" to me. Till I saw this definition. I think this is more in keeping with what scripture means.

Gentleness, humility, does not refer to weakness or passivity, but controlled power.

Diane said...

I agree with Mary--all of your art pieces have feeling in them. I think that kind of describes me too, which I would like to change. I love this, Buffy!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

she is so sweet, so meek and so wonderful. i love that she's hugging herself and pondering...she speaks volumes...and once again, i love how you do your colors and hints of collage, buffy!

Martha Lever said...

I like her, Buffy! She is wonderful. Jesus was meek..and I love Mary's definition. You art has such passion.

WrightStuff said...

I know my art comes from my soul (and my Muse - mustn't leave her out!). There is much understated elegance in your paintings.

Say It In Color said...

Yes Buffy....this is now my favorite!!!....I Love the beattitudes and want to study them over and over because I think they are mis-taught....and I want some of my character to change... but boy Mary hit it on the head....and your painting is still very expressive of a special deepness .....this is beautiful...lots of expression and the choice of color....I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! I hope you have it for others to enjoy!