Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Alittle folk art and "letting your light shine"


I feel like I have been neglecting my blog and my painting. I've been so busy making things for my store,getting ready for the Christmas season. The first painting is a folk art painting for my store but the next one is what my heart loves to do,her title is letting your light shine through. I always feel sad or like a part of me is missing when I don't have time to paint,does any of you ever feel that way? If I can't find the time to paint,I always feel better looking at all of your art on your blogs. They always inspire me. Thanks for that. Hope everybody has an art filled week! Not me,work all week,then two baby showers(one I'm throwing for my sister) then dinner on saturday night with my husbands business,oh and friday night going to an ultrasound to find out if my daughter is having a boy or a girl. She has two boys so I'm thinking another boy,I'll let you all know next week. Of course I would love to have a grand daughter since I have two grandsons but after going through everything with my youngest grandson,I'm just praying for a healthy baby.

10 comments:

Emelie said...

Oh your so busy,a lot of things to fit into time that vanishes. Important things, that really can't wait.

Your folk art is so pretty, something that can be up all winter and I like things like that, favorite things that are not strictly Chritmas but winter with a Christmas sort of feel, like you dressed it up with pine.

Tha Angel is beautiful, and reallyis about letting ones light shine, she glows with that aura.

Yes I feel sort of off when I can't paint, even when company is here I have that odd sort of incomplete feeling.

Wishing you all good things for upcoming days.

Diane said...

Wow, you are busy!! I'm always making something because that's what I do, but it's not always what I want to do, so yeah, I miss going in my art room and just painting or experimenting.
And another grandchild!! Congratulations--make sure you tell us if it's a boy or girl. Your daughter likes having babies close in age--God bless her :)

Mary said...

I can imagine how busy you are this time a year with a store!!!

Buffy, I really like the folk art painting you did for your store, but I love what you create from your heart. The second is just that.

Brooke and Seth find out in a few weeks what they are having too. When is your next grandbaby due???

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

wow, busy is right, yet you made the time to leave your usual sweet comments on my blog. both of these are so special, buff girl. have fun with your busy labors of love! xo

jgr said...

HI Buffy,
Well congrats on your new grandbaby! I also love love love your angel. Oh she is so serene and graceful. I agree, I always feel 'incomplete' when life gets in the way of my art.

WrightStuff said...

Oh yes, I'm just like you too - I need to paint, but if I can't, then a browse around my lovely friends' blogs is a good substitute :)

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

Thank you sweet girl XOXOXO

Joann Castrillo said...

Hi Buffy! Just wanted to let you know that I totally enjoyed your blog and i'm truly taken by your beautiful and powerful work. Congratulations on your new grandchild. Looking forward to your future posts and seeing more of your lovely work.

Claudje said...

Ure painting is great, she realy talks and tells her story.

ENjoy ure day,
GReats,
Claudia

MEIA IDADE said...

I am from Brazil and I want to say that I loved your painting.