Monday, September 19, 2011

Another book and "In Beauty she walks"














Another week and another book,I love to paint but theres something about stitching the book thats so relaxing. I think because when I paint I'm constantly on my feet moving around and then when I stitch the book I'm usually sitting down sipping coffee. I think I over did it on this painting,not sure if its too busy or if I like it the way it is. I guess its kinda abstract in its own way. My company came and went,it was a nice short visit and my mom never came which was fine so I had a quiet week to paint and sew. Hope everybody else is having a good week and enjoying some cooler weather,its still hot down here,we usually don't feel a change until late october ugggg. Be back soon!






9 comments:

manomij said...

Never tried to do any stitching to make a journal but I think it is happening at some point in Katie's class. So may have to ask you for some tips!
ManonX

Diane said...

These journals are excellent Buffy--love them!!
It's nice to have time just to do what you want--isn't it? I can't wait to have a little more free time.

jgr said...

Buffy, your journal is great! Glad you had some free time, too!

Janine said...

Hi Buffy these are wonderful!

Martha Lever said...

Hi Buffy,
This journal is great. I like to sew books too. You are right it is very relaxing plus when you are finished it's instant gratification!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

how BEAUTIFUL your work on your journal! i too love to stitch and find it soothing as well. i can also be with family as well! xo

Odd Chick said...

I am so jealous of the way your book is stitched so perfectly. I have tried and failed 2xs but you do an incredible job!! Could we have lunch?

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

i hope YOU know that YOU are as BEAUTIFUL on the inside as your outer shell shines! xo

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

hey, buffy, there's a few good words for a painting, eh? xo