Friday, August 27, 2010

Mom was down!








My mother came down for a visit,so when she comes down I put my art aside and bring out the sewing machine. She doesnt like my art,well thats not exactly what she says,she says that I should stick to my sewing and stop wasting to much time on my other art. When I told her that I sold a few pieces she said well you are getting alittle better. Ugh. Those kind of comments hurt alittle but I'm getting better with accepting the fact that not everybody is going to like my art but some will and I'm not gonna stop because it makes me happy. Anyway we had a couple of days just sewing up a bunch of things. Some of you know that I own a real country store that sells antiques,country decor and candles. And this stuff is all for my store. I love the way the pillows with the doilys came out,then theres the pin cushion and the pumpkins are made by Niki(my daughter) I'm so proud of her. She whipped up about ten of these pumpkins and I already sold three of them for her. I give her a percentege of them,that way she has a little extra spending money. Oh and the other day I came home from work and she made a bikini out of and old tshirt.
I finally had alittle time after mom left to finish up a piece that seems like I have been working on all summer,just adding alittle here and then alittle more there. Well hope everybody has a great weekend and thanks for listening to me whine about my mother.


12 comments:

paru's_circle said...

love your art, love your little pillows, dont take it to heart, my dd is the same way, doesnt like most of my stuff,and tells me so, but when i said this week, i am gonna give it all away, she said .. no its for me.. so deepdown she knows it is.. a part of who you are..giveaway on my blog, regards..P

Diane said...

Oh Buffy--mothers--God love em--I have one of those too. I listen to my mother's "advice", nod my head and then follow my own heart :)
And those pillows are wonderful! Have you tried selling them online?
P.S. Tell your daughter--don't stop creating and encourage her no matter what she creates ;)

jgr said...

Hi Buffy, Your pillows are lovely! One of my artist affirmations: "Don't listen to the naysayers" people who are not supportive of your art. Thank you for sharing your talents!

Mary said...

i am sorry for your mother's comments. though we shrug such comments off and say they don't matter, they really do hurt, especially coming from one that should be encouraging us!

your art is beautiful and so expressive.

how fun to have a little country store!! it's neat to see your daughter creating - and i know your comments to her are nothing but encouraging!!!!

Hugs!!

manomij said...

You are just doing great girl!!!
Xx

Martha Lever said...

I love your art and your sewing too! I would love to come to your store. BTW,did you tell me a while back about that wonderful soap that cleans lots of things like stains etc? I think it was you. I ordered some and I love it so much that I want to order more and I can't remember the name of it and I threw away the package. I think I found it on ebay. Thanks, Buffy!!

manomij said...

That painting is absolutly Fab!!! Don't listen to your mum go with your heart, trust you!!!
You daughter certainly gets it from her mum. Well done;-)Would love to have some of both your art in my house.
Xxx

Martha Lever said...

Thanks, Buffy!!!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

oh, i love em' all!!! and i know you are not going to give up! i just love your painted collage, TREMENDOUSLY! xo

Martha Lever said...

Hey Buffy,
Thanks for your comment. Don't internalize what you mom said too much. She just doesn't understand mixed media art and she would rather see you sew. Keep on doing both!!!!

WrightStuff said...

Your Mum sounds like mine - I don't think she gets what I'm trying to do! Never mind!

Odd Chick said...

I didn't know you owned a store! How cool is that? and that 3 generations of you make handcraft things and add too it - i would love to see that! And your art is very edgy and wonderful and older people would not get it. My mom doesn't really like my art either unless I make something really traditional. She said about my girl paintings: 'Why don't you make one with a bonnet and a wagon train behind her to remind you of how strong your grandmother was????" which she was but good grief.
Oh the pillows are so charming but your art is my fav with such a haunting thoughtful look about it.